This international one-stage architecture ideas competition invites all architecture students, young architects and young professionals with a degree in architecture studies (≤ 40 years old) to develop and submit compelling ideas for the design of a contemporary Site Landmark located on a site promontory in Sagres, Algarve, Portugal.
Sagres has a number of significant landmarks within a prominent landscape; it is a place of great cultural heritage and historical significance with characteristics that must be fully preserved.
When generating a vision for an intervention located within such a spectacular place, it is essential that each proposal emphasizes, respects and celebrates the site, while provide visitors with a unique experience.
The Site Landmark, located on a site promontory in Sagres, Algarve, Portugal, aims to create a new destination point within this spectacular landscape. A place to engage with the landscape, the sky and the sea, offering visitors a unique experience within the immensity of the place. There are no limitations in height, excavation or extension beyond the cliff edges.
- 1st Prize: 2000€ (Two thousand euros)
- 2nd Prize: 1000€ (One thousand euros)
- 3rd Prize: 500€ (Five hundred euros)
- 7 Honorable Mentions
Schedule & Fees
- Competition Opening: May 16, 2016
- FAQ Questions Deadline: July 04, 2016
- FAQ Answers Posted: July 11, 2016
- Early Registration Period: May 16 – July 18, 2016 _ 60€ + VAT
- Regular Registration Period: July 19 – August 31, 2016 _ 75€ + VAT
- Late Registration Period: September 01 – September 19, 2016 _ 90€ + VAT
- Submission Deadline: September 24, 2016
- Jury Evaluation: October 14 – October 28, 2016
- Competition Results: November 07, 2016